Monday, March 8, 2010

Team 3244 - The Granite City Gear Heads

Apollo's Robotics "Team 3244 - The Granite City Gear Heads" has their website up and running. The site is in its infancy; more content will be coming soon. The students are doing great, and their robot held their own at a recent pre-invitiational put on by Eagan H.S. I am pleased to report Apollo's team held their own against all the larger and more experienced metro teams, and had a record of 4-1 overall for that competition.

The official regional competition is fast approaching and the team has the lofty, yet attainable goal of advancing to nationals in Atlanta, Georgia. The kids are dreaming big, and at the rate they are going they just might pull it off!

We are working hard to find sponsors and creative ways to raise funding. I recently challenged my team to raise enough money to convince me to do something crazy like dye my hair purple, etc. (we'll see what they come up with...). I probably should be scared! If Team 3244 makes it to nationals, we will need to raise a significant amount of funding.

If you or anyone you know would be remotely interested in helping the cause in any way, please forward this link. Feel free to inquire via email or phone, and I also would encourage you to check out www.usfirst.org as well. I hope to hear from you; all ideas are welcome. Let's put St. Cloud on the map!

www.apollorobotics.com

Thanks!
Mark Weimer
Apollo H.S. - St. Cloud, MN
Technology Education Teacher - PLTW
Robotics Coach

7 SKILLS STUDENTS NEED FOR THEIR FUTURE - TONY WAGNER